Tuesday, December 2, 2008

goals

So I have decided that I want to pursue something else I love. I am applying to go to Kent State for a Master's in Library and Information Sciences. I figure that I am just so tired of all the art bullshit.. that it is kind of ruining art all together for me... I don't even feel like painting these days... and I always feel like painting... And I do want to do something more rewarding than fight with other artists to be recognized. This way... I can work with a university or museum and do research/teach/inform people about art and how to gain more information, and I can still be an artist and show my work. Maybe I am just too old for all the politics of the art world, or too smart for it. Sometimes I feel like the most idiotic people can bullshit their way to anything... while the smartest people sit back and think about things more... I feel good about this... I feel like I am starting to make sense of what a life for me could be... and stop worrying about what it isn't.

I love books and literature and art... and many people don't know how much I love libraries.. even the old book smell. So. Here goes. Wish me luck. And I think I am finding what I have been looking for.

2 comments:

mandy jeanne said...

wow- didn't see this coming. but if you are at kent state you will be way closer and that is overjoyous news for me.

also::: i am sorry i haven't called. i have been in a super-weird funk lately, i can't really explain it. i'm just feeling quantumnly anti-social and mad at the world. i will call you when the painkillers set in and i love everything for a couple hours.

Ron Turner said...

Good luck with the MLIS. Ya'll like being a librarian. It's a fun job. I've been doing it for two years now.