Thursday, December 11, 2008

alarm alarm alarm

I woke up today without the aid of an alarm clock. The simple pleasures in life. I also have done nothing. Except think about the fact that
a. tomorrow I will be 26
b. I have more debt than anyone I know
c. I have no career
d. I don't like my art anymore
e. I wish I could stop dwelling

Oh well. At least tomorrow I get to go out, eat good food and drink fancy drinks with good friends. That is really what it is all about.
Happy is only something we realize after the fact.

1 comment:

mandy jeanne said...

yeh- i had a friend who always said his goal in life was never to wake up to an alarm again.
do you remember in high school when i used to have to set 3 alarms to get out of bed?

happy doesn't have to be after the fact- although i like a lot the implications in that.

becoming present in the moment is the gateway- it can lead to many wonderful things.